Just another guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Just another guild

jag's guild forum

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Lobe Event Design

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Lobe

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2008-03-24

Lobe Event Design Empty
PostSubject: Lobe Event Design   Lobe Event Design Icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2008 9:56 am

I'm here to make one post only.
I'm sending this to as many guilds as possible on all servers.

I offer this for your guild to discuss before I post in the Rubies Event forum.

Owner, please delete my account after you have read this.
Thank you.

Here is how it will appear for all to see, word for word...
-----------------------------------------------------------
This is my new Lobe Event design...

It is named "Plane Battle One"

I think it would be good for the game if all players read this thread.
---------------------------------------------------------

The seemingly endless conflict about which server has the "best" players is very bad for the game as a whole, I believe.

Without going into it in any detail, let me say this...

For the healthy growth of this game, new players shouldn't see bad comments about the attitudes of players from other servers.
Each server is different, as we all know, but there is a way to end this constant war of words between them...

Does any of this sound familiar to you all..?

"Nemesis players are immature and rude and stupid" says the FireOpal.

Well, Nemesis players are extremely good, great actually, at building PvP toons. In fact, I believe that some of the very best would be found there right now. These players are far from "stupid".

"So shut up about dying, ya Pho wimp.. This is a PvP server..."

Phoenix players have the highest population and are no fools when it comes to knowledge of how to build effective parties. On equal ground, Nemesis and FO players might be surprised at the competetion from the Phoenix veterans.

"Ya, right, FO is for the professors... Buncha RPers, buncha talk..."

Players who don't know FireOpals would probably be surprised at how much PvP happens there. I would venture a guess that it happens more than on Phoenix and their sense of party organization is highly developed.

This attitude towards each other is destructive for a new player to hear and this event is designed to bring the entire community together, if not as "family", then at least to learn some mutual respect for each others abilities...

Some players have toons on more than one server and, if selected by their leaders, would have to decide which server to fight for...

Servers would have exactly one month to prepare.
-------------------------------------------------------------
The Plane Battle One (Lobe design)

Each server starts a "Plane Committee" with it's guild leaders, which then decides on nine members to send to the Plane Battle. The make-up of the combat party would be decided in some way (in fact, each server would probably show a different way of selecting their Heroes...)

The Builds...

Each build-toon Hero must fight at level six only. The builds must have their toons ready by the set date (level six should be easy to achieve for any class) They will enter the Plains with no items in their bags and no items equipped.

The Parties...

Each of the three servers will have a nine-member party, assembled in different parts of the plains, talking final strategy one hour before the battles begin.
A GM will join each party for observation during the fight. This GM must be from another server.

The Items...

Before each fight, the Head GM will give each server party leader the following items...

Magic
1 Arch Mage staff
1 Adept Staff
3 Adept Jerkins (party leader's choice of school)
3 Magic necklaces (party leaders choice of school)
1 Amulet of Evasion
1 Amulet of the Eagle Eye
1 Girdle of Fortitude
1 Monks Belt
1 Bracer (strength)

Melee (all weapons tier one)
2 Cats Claws
2 Knuckles
1 Battle Ax
2 Sabres
1 Crossbow, 20 Bolts
1 Sling, 20 stones
4 stiletto
1 MorningStar
1 Berdiche

Armor (all armor tier one)
Heavy cloth
Soft Leather
Boiled Hard Leather
Double Chain
Fluted Plate

(party leader can split armor sets and distribute to party members)

Additional Items
10 HP Potions
10 BP Potions
10 MP Potions
1 Corruptions Price
1 Kashka's Glaive
2 Storm Flasks

Each party would walk through KajBlood and exit the south gate one at a time, naked, and stand in a line in front of the spectators. Their opponents would watch them to see their "race combination".

Each members name and race would be announced by the Head GM (to great applause from their own servers crowd, no doubt...)

The Head GM would then send each party back into KajBlood, where they would be joined by the "Observer GM" and given the above items. The party leader would have 10 minutes to give his party the items.

Each party, now ten members each including the observer GMs, would walk around outside again for a two minute period, examining each others weapons and armor.

The first two parties selected for combat line up facing each other in the field across from KajBlood. They are told to bow by the Head GM in respect for each others willingness to fight...

The crowd sitting on the surrounding hills "rawr" as the Head GM yells...

FIGHT...!!!

** Buffing can only be done once the fight has started**
(That should keep a certain Mage very busy, oh yes...)

---------------------------------------------------------------

There would need to be three fights.
Nemmy vs FO... Pho vs FO... Nemmy vs Pho

The order would be determined by the Head GM by in some way determined by that GM...

The observer GMs would mark down the winning parties total remaining HP and BP after each fight (all survivors...)

These totals would be combined by the GMs later and the results would be posted in the Event Forum to see who won Plane Battle One.

This Lobe designed event could happen every Vormis year (possibly more often if it's enjoyed and goes smoothly) so that the server could elect new leaders and combatants to improve their chances the next contest.

I believe that the more often this event is re-done, the more often we will grow as a community, as ONE community.

I think the items list might make for some creative party builds.
For example, would an Elf-Druid-Archer be useful?
Or a Gnome-Bard-Slinger?
Obviously, some type of healer.
The talents would have to be combined to use the necessary items.
Not taking advantage of all items might mean losing the fight, oh yes...

Also, the assigning of DP and spell purchase choice would be of major importance during levelling...

The fights would take place on Nemmy, I suppose.
But, the other server players could just create level one toons to come and watch the fights...
----------------------------------------------------------------

As I said at the beginning, I believe that this event could help bring about some kind of mutual respect from all of us and towards all of us.
This is an event designed so that everyone who plays Rubies truly wins, not just the players who participate.

Please post any ideas you may have to improve the event. You all know much more about weapons, armor, etc, than I do and I'm quite open to modifying the event design to please everyone. But this is a Lobe design, so please don't tell me to raise the weapon/armor tiers...

I am curious to see if anyone thinks that there should be more modifiers offered to the Heroes (rings perhaps...?)

But I hope you all get the general idea here.

I would also like to see other threads started which would update each servers developements in selecting party leaders and heroes (to generate forum participation from players who normally don't use the forums very much. This would also be good for the game, as a whole...)

The event time will be posted here if I see enough interest in the idea.
Or am I just wishful thinking here...?
Back to top Go down
gringoarchvenom

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2009-01-03

Lobe Event Design Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lobe Event Design   Lobe Event Design Icon_minitimeSat Mar 14, 2009 9:31 pm

it seems a good idea in principle but i see 2 problems, the first being that these fights would serve to aggreivate tension between the 3 servers when the winners and losers were announced, and also it would take a heck of a lot of meticulous planning and its a bit of a long winded process to organise all that, including participation of at least 4 gm's and 30 folks from the 3 servers, thats a lot of people to get sorted out and kitted up for only 2 fights each, kinda like an anticlimax for all the hard work it'd take
Back to top Go down

Lobe Event Design
Page 1 of 1